In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ácido carbónico masculino
- Initially, the ammonia and carbon dioxide reacts with water to form the weak electrolytes, ammonium hydroxide and carbonic acid.
- This neutralizes carbonic acid and transports carbon dioxide in the blood.
- Finally, if ammonium carbonate is placed in water, the weak base ammonium carbonate and weak acid carbonic acid are produced.
- In limestone caves, the main source of this acidity is carbon dioxide dissolved to form weak carbonic acid in meteoric waters, although sulphuric acid may be important in thermal waters.
- Caverns throughout the world are formed by the action of atmospheric carbonic acid (water plus carbon dioxide) on limestone to form the more soluble calcium bicarbonate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.