In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The commonest malignancies are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma has become one of the most common malignant tumors worldwide.
- Advanced stage non-small cell carcinomas and small cell carcinomas are treated by systemic chemotherapy.
- The rarer types of bladder cancer include squamous cell carcinomas and adenocarcinomas, which have a different cell structure.
- It is also found in thyroid carcinomas and small cell carcinomas of nonpulmonary origin.
- Diagnoses were confirmed for 51 invasive colorectal carcinomas and 12 adenomas.
- Adrenal cortical carcinomas and adenomas can have a variety of histologic features.
- The majority of carcinomas of the stomach are adenocarcinomas, which arise from mucin producing cells.
- Distinguishing sarcomatoid mesothelioma from sarcomatoid carcinomas and other sarcomas may be difficult.
- Another common skin cancer is squamous cell carcinomas, representing 15 percent of all new cases.
- What took me a long time actually to remember is that bronchial adenomas share the same parentage with oat-cell carcinomas.
- Five cases represented metastases from cutaneous squamous carcinomas.
- Basal cell carcinomas usually arise from sun-exposed areas of the body.
- None of the 3 metastatic carcinomas to the liver expressed either of these adhesion proteins.
- Squamous cell carcinoma is a skin cancer also related to sunlight exposure.
- Metastatic carcinomas are not included, which I think could have added another dimension to this handbook.
- These cancers include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma.
- Keratin expression is typical of epithelial differentiation in carcinomas and some sarcomas.
- Hodgkin's lymphoma and most metastatic carcinomas typically progress through nodes in anatomic sequence.
- Unlike carcinomas, metastatic sarcomas generally occur deeper and may not ulcerate the mucosa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.