In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de una tarjeta de crédito) titular femeninotarjetahabiente masculino México Venezuela
- The amount of money owed by cardholders on their credit cards has more than doubled in the last four years.
- Credit-card companies often will waive late fees for longtime cardholders in good standing when requested.
- I am the primary cardholder, but she had the cards.
- These are produced when the genuine data in the magnetic strip on one card is electronically copied without the legitimate cardholder's knowledge.
- Criminals then go shopping with a copy of a credit or debit card with cardholders unaware of the fraud until a statement arrives showing purchases they didn't make.
- Some credit-card firms have started charging upfront fees to cardholders who wish to transfer balances from other cards.
- Since we're busy accruing miles on her frequent-flier account, my wife is the primary cardholder.
- In spite of this, most credit card issuers still fleece their cardholders with sky-high rates.
- The average cardholder has more than seven credit cards.
- About two-thirds of us have credit cards, and the average cardholder spends £350 a month on their two or more cards.
- Credit-card companies besides American Express offer stand-alone insurance to cardholders.
- It will act as a debit card, with cardholders placing money in their account that can be accessed to make purchases over the internet or to buy goods overseas.
- AIB is one of the market leaders in Ireland for credit cards, with 600,000 cardholders.
- Most fraud on stolen cards takes place in retailers before the cardholder has reported the loss.
- The new cards will be issued on a phased basis with the majority of cardholders receiving them from their bank or credit card provider between now and the middle of next year.
- Around half of all credit cardholders pay off their debt in full each month, so the real figure for credit card debts is much higher.
- The law states that cardholders are not liable for fraudulent transactions as long as the original card is still in their possession.
- It also saves cardholders from exposing their credit limits or account balances to potential cyber criminals lurking in the anonymity of the web.
- Payments made using a credit or debit card when the cardholder is not present are not affected by Chip and PIN and therefore are exempt from the liability shift.
- Often, they charge £25 or more to cardholders who exceed their credit limit, make a late payment or have a payment returned unpaid.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.