In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cárdigan masculinochaqueta de punto femeninorebeca femenino Españasaco (tejido) masculino Río de la Platachaleca femenino Chile
- For the trendy man about town this season, cable-knit pullovers or cardigans in neutral shades such as greys and browns or navy blue are suggested.
- All jumpers, cardigans and socks were knitted by hand.
- Check out 9 sweaters, from turtlenecks to cardigans, that'll make the ladies want to cozy up next to you this winter.
- A vision of twin-set cardigans and walking canes spring to mind.
- Admittingly, it is a bit too dressy for work, but like in the photo, wear a cardigan or blazer on top to look smart.
- Check out the irresistible floral and tweed sequined skirts, tweed platform sandals and brooch-clasped cardigans.
- This season, chunky pullovers and zip or wrap cardigans with classic snowflake or reindeer motifs are sure to warm the hearts of even the burliest men.
- But in reality, knitwear is so much more than that - it includes a wide array of pullovers, turtlenecks and cardigans, among other items.
- Woolen sweaters, cardigans, mittens, and socks were knitted with elaborate patterns.
- From argyle cardigans to tweed blazers, check out the look of fall 2004 and enjoy all the attention.
- For the rest of us, cardigans and pullovers should do unless a blazer or suit is demanded by the occasion.
- She's conjured up enchanting white raincoats, and using antique looms has reworked old cashmere cardigans.
- So, when we head to Whitby for our holiday, I will take the usual array of beach wear - baggy tops, ankle-length skirts and outsize cardigans.
- When I fell into the preppy look in high school, my grandmother donned penny loafers and cardigans, too.
- I am planning to knit a little flower to stitch onto the front of the cardigan to liven it up a little.
- The usual fare: sweaters, cardigans, tanks… but it is still a fun book that any knitter will enjoy.
- Dull, padded beige jackets and shapeless viscose dresses will go, in favour of the sheepskin gilets and long woollen cardigans sported by the rest of the high street.
- People, I've got a cupboard full of casual leisurewear, tan slacks and knitted cardigans in ready reserve, prepared for such an eventuality as this one.
- Avoid wearing blazers and cardigans with more than three buttons because they will draw unwanted attention to your shorter upper body.
- I love it when I can put on a cardigan or a light pullover and not be overheated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.