In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease has to be integrated into primary health care.
- The treatment of stable angina aims to reduce chest pain and prevent cardiovascular events.
- Studies of cardiovascular sequelae have produced conflicting evidence.
- Uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke.
- Major cardiovascular or respiratory problems militate against operating.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.