In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(inattention)falta de atención femeninofalta de cuidado femenino
- It would be a shame if I let my own carelessness ruin other people's efforts to do good by recycling.
- The defenders were slow to get back on the goal line and the Monaghan team captain took advantage of Mayo carelessness.
- I think it's important for your readers to understand the type of carelessness here.
- Only a passing comment, but such carelessness has probably wrecked my son's future as a prize-winning novelist.
- Once again, his disgruntled followers chastised him for his carelessness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.