In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The illegal boarding of ships and seizure of cargo has in the past been considered an act of war.
- Most of the criminals are not interested in the cargoes ships carry.
- The first van had only just been loaded with its cargo of cash when the robbers struck.
- It is very difficult, if not impossible, to compare the rates earned by ships under charter to the Navy Board with those of merchant ships carrying civilian cargoes.
- Last night, Members of Parliament and shipping experts called for compulsory registration and escorts for ships carrying dangerous cargoes.
- The cargo and livestock vessel Contender has been sold to a shipping company in Dubai.
- The Panama Canal has fulfilled this function but is now saturated with cargo ships.
- In commercial terms however paddle steamers were never to catch on for ocean going cargo carrying.
- Because it does not have to carry oxygen tanks, the scramjet could also contain more cargo space.
- There is much detail on voyages, cargoes carried and the ships themselves.
- The growth in cargo hauled by trains appears more spectacular than that of passenger movement.
- Usually they're just put off the ship on a lifeboat and the ship and cargo are stolen.
- They are usually used to haul heavy loads or carry cargoes.
- The cargo was consigned to yet another firm, registered in the British Virgin Islands.
- He wants cargo that will suit the ship or a use that will befit the work that has been carried out.
- Have you ever noticed how boats look when they are built more for speed than for carrying cargo?
- Yet cargo boats regularly cut through the Sound of Mull, purely to save time and fuel.
- I was found some bones, possibly part of the frozen meat cargo that she was carrying when she sank.
- Many of them were dockers who carried heavy loads of cargo while rushing in a great hurry.
- Georgia is also expanding the dry bulk cargo handling facilities of its Black Sea ports.
2(goods)carga femeninobefore noun cargo ship — carguero masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.