In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cochera femeninogaraje abierto masculino
- It changed the nature of suburban streets, with cul-de-sacs replacing straight streets as desirable places to reside and house design changing to incorporate carports or garages.
- I witnessed my neighbors' propane tanks, sofas and carports going right down the river in front of my eyes.
- Normally I would park my car in the carport and close the gate to the carport and trust that it would look locked.
- You saw carports down, roofs that had been ripped off, insulation all over the ground.
- There is a double carport to the side of the house.
- Vines grow all over the alley's crypt-like garages and carports, their tendrils reaching around to grab trees and trashcans.
- Damage was concentrated in the carport, sundeck and exterior of the house.
- Metal carports can be added to any residence or commercial site.
- Two covered carports also shelter a woodworking shop and a recycling shed; more outdoor parking is included at the edge of the three-acre neighborhood.
- The 22-by 33-foot room replaces a carport and is connected directly to the house.
- When the investigating officers checked the home, they found the two suspects hiding in the carport, one under a car and the other on the roof.
- A laneway to the side of the house provides access to a private carport.
- We are replacing a dilapidated carport which is attached to our garage and the (south-facing) front of our house with a pergola.
- Is there space in your garage or carport for a storage loft?
- They pull the car into the carport with pillars and a crumbling stucco facade.
- Some of the town houses will have garages and the condominiums will have carports.
- A bedroom window in a garage wall is a fire safety violation and is an indication that your garage is either an addition or a converted carport.
- But first I'm painting the carport (actually a corrugated iron shelter) green and planting some climbing plants in front of it.
- The apartment has one designated parking space in a carport immediately outside the building, and there is plenty of guest parking available in a communal car park.
- Across the region, residents dealt with downed branches, knocked-over trees, malfunctioning traffic signals, leaky roofs, crumpled carports and battered mobile homes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.