In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cocina Botánicazanahoria femenino
- The hand weeding can be combined with thinning in the case of the vegetables that require it, such as lettuce, carrots and Florence fennel.
- You just brown the meatballs, then add some vegetables, like grated carrot, some more onion, a bit of finely chopped celery, capsicum, whatever.
- Sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots and apricots are just a few of the foods rich in vitamin A.
- The vegetables, a collection of boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli, courgette and tomato, were well cooked.
- Dr. Lanou suggests eating sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, carrots and other vegetables that are agreeable to almost everyone.
- The club has grown a wide variety of vegetables and herbs including carrots, Brussels sprouts and beetroot, as well as tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse.
- The meals came served with two dishes of vegetables to share, one of broccoli, carrots, and courgettes with a tomato sauce, and one of sliced potato in a light white sauce, which all tasted fresh.
- Add broccoli, carrots and green onions and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- The vegetables include creamed cauliflower, mashed potato, roast potato, carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
- All our dishes came with tureens of roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and green beans tossed with bacon bits.
- It came with seasonal vegetables including cauliflower, carrots, new potatoes and sliced courgettes.
- As carotene, it is found in green vegetables, carrots and yellow/orange fruits such as peaches.
- The accompanying vegetables, peas, carrots and broccoli disappointed a little because they seemed to be overcooked.
- Cut-up onions, Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, green beans, snap peas and cherry tomatoes are all good candidates.
- Middle to late August is a good time to plant carrots, beets, snap beans and lettuce.
- When we moved out of the town to a house which wasn't even in a village, my Dad grew lots of his own vegetables - potatoes, carrots, beans etc.
- While liver is the best source of vitamin A, excellent vegetable sources are carrots, cabbage and broccoli.
- Phytoestrogens are found in plants, like carrots and broccoli and spinach, and limit the effect of estrogen on the body.
- Besides carrots, other root vegetables include turnips, parsnips, radishes, beets and rutabagas.
- Sow peas, carrots, cabbages and broccoli in the vegetable plot.
- Plant seeds of beets, carrots, leeks, onions, peas, radishes, and turnips.
- Once grown, the plants are difficult to transplant because of their long taproots - parsley is in the carrot family.
- Derek had made grilled cheese on his signature sourdough and vegetable stir-fry with carrots, broccoli, parsnips and burdock!
- Make successional sowings of beetroot, carrots, lettuce, radish and turnips.
- The vegetable idli has carrots and beans in it to improve its taste and appearance.
- In addition, biennial weeds such as musk thistle, wild carrot, and burdock should be eliminated before establishing forage.
- He'll sow broccoli, cauliflower and carrots directly into prepared garden soil in September.
- Fruits and vegetables include onions, carrots, plums, pears, grapes, apricots, and all kinds of melons and squashes.
- And if you don't have the time to slice your own cucumber or red pepper, it's easier than ever to grab a bag of baby carrots or sugar snap peas or some salad bar veggies.
- On the side was a dish of crispy roast potatoes and mixed vegetables - carrots, mange tout, leeks and aubergine, drizzled in oil and still maintaining their bite.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove colorful strips from squash, carrots or zucchini and sprinkle them on a plain-looking entrée.
2(incentive)incentivo masculinoa carrot-and-stick policy — una política de incentivos y amenazas
- It's a balancing act though because if the incentives are too generous, they could undermine the carrots being offered for GPs to work in the country.
- When you have to offer a huge carrot to those who are supposed to obey you, something has to be wrong.
- The minister warned yesterday a carrot and stick approach may be needed to change the mindset of many leisure craft operators and users.
- For juveniles in this category, the Youth Drug Court Program offers both a carrot and a stick.
- On the economic front, it can offer stick and carrot.
- However, a carrot and stick approach to traffic management doesn't work if only the stick is employed.
- This will cost more than the government would like, which is why we are being offered the carrot of a salary increase to accept the status quo.
- We then asked ourselves which approach was actually preferable to persuade them: the carrot or the stick?
- Most schools use a carrot and stick approach and we think this is the best way to do it.
- The fourth variant of coercive diplomacy is the carrot and stick approach.
- There need to be carrots not just sticks if people are to be persuaded to leave their car at home.
- I do support a carrot and a stick approach, in terms of encouraging firstly, more healthy lifestyles and more healthy living.
- The point is, you must approach it with the carrot and the stick.
- The carrot being offered was special excise tax, but it was not enough.
- This deal would offer big carrots and threaten a big stick.
- But society uses both carrots and sticks to encourage parents to provide continuity of care.
- Obviously, tensions are on the upswing here, but how do we balance between a carrot and a stick approach?
- Chile has been offered the carrot of a more favourable free trade agreement.
- American officials say they prefer a carrot rather than a stick approach.
- Can't get your head around the old carrot and stick approach, John?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.