In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Botánica Cocinazanahoria femenino
- He'll sow broccoli, cauliflower and carrots directly into prepared garden soil in September.
- Dr. Lanou suggests eating sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, carrots and other vegetables that are agreeable to almost everyone.
- It came with seasonal vegetables including cauliflower, carrots, new potatoes and sliced courgettes.
- And if you don't have the time to slice your own cucumber or red pepper, it's easier than ever to grab a bag of baby carrots or sugar snap peas or some salad bar veggies.
- You just brown the meatballs, then add some vegetables, like grated carrot, some more onion, a bit of finely chopped celery, capsicum, whatever.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove colorful strips from squash, carrots or zucchini and sprinkle them on a plain-looking entrée.
- All our dishes came with tureens of roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and green beans tossed with bacon bits.
- The vegetables, a collection of boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli, courgette and tomato, were well cooked.
- The meals came served with two dishes of vegetables to share, one of broccoli, carrots, and courgettes with a tomato sauce, and one of sliced potato in a light white sauce, which all tasted fresh.
- Cut-up onions, Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, green beans, snap peas and cherry tomatoes are all good candidates.
- When we moved out of the town to a house which wasn't even in a village, my Dad grew lots of his own vegetables - potatoes, carrots, beans etc.
- Make successional sowings of beetroot, carrots, lettuce, radish and turnips.
- While liver is the best source of vitamin A, excellent vegetable sources are carrots, cabbage and broccoli.
- Add broccoli, carrots and green onions and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- The club has grown a wide variety of vegetables and herbs including carrots, Brussels sprouts and beetroot, as well as tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse.
- Phytoestrogens are found in plants, like carrots and broccoli and spinach, and limit the effect of estrogen on the body.
- In addition, biennial weeds such as musk thistle, wild carrot, and burdock should be eliminated before establishing forage.
- The accompanying vegetables, peas, carrots and broccoli disappointed a little because they seemed to be overcooked.
- Derek had made grilled cheese on his signature sourdough and vegetable stir-fry with carrots, broccoli, parsnips and burdock!
- The hand weeding can be combined with thinning in the case of the vegetables that require it, such as lettuce, carrots and Florence fennel.
- On the side was a dish of crispy roast potatoes and mixed vegetables - carrots, mange tout, leeks and aubergine, drizzled in oil and still maintaining their bite.
- As carotene, it is found in green vegetables, carrots and yellow/orange fruits such as peaches.
- Sweet potatoes, squash, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots and apricots are just a few of the foods rich in vitamin A.
- Sow peas, carrots, cabbages and broccoli in the vegetable plot.
- The vegetable idli has carrots and beans in it to improve its taste and appearance.
- Fruits and vegetables include onions, carrots, plums, pears, grapes, apricots, and all kinds of melons and squashes.
- Besides carrots, other root vegetables include turnips, parsnips, radishes, beets and rutabagas.
- Middle to late August is a good time to plant carrots, beets, snap beans and lettuce.
- Once grown, the plants are difficult to transplant because of their long taproots - parsley is in the carrot family.
- The vegetables include creamed cauliflower, mashed potato, roast potato, carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
- Plant seeds of beets, carrots, leeks, onions, peas, radishes, and turnips.
2(incentive)incentivo masculinoa carrot-and-stick policy — una política de incentivos y amenazas
- Obviously, tensions are on the upswing here, but how do we balance between a carrot and a stick approach?
- For juveniles in this category, the Youth Drug Court Program offers both a carrot and a stick.
- American officials say they prefer a carrot rather than a stick approach.
- We then asked ourselves which approach was actually preferable to persuade them: the carrot or the stick?
- This deal would offer big carrots and threaten a big stick.
- However, a carrot and stick approach to traffic management doesn't work if only the stick is employed.
- The carrot being offered was special excise tax, but it was not enough.
- Most schools use a carrot and stick approach and we think this is the best way to do it.
- The fourth variant of coercive diplomacy is the carrot and stick approach.
- This will cost more than the government would like, which is why we are being offered the carrot of a salary increase to accept the status quo.
- Chile has been offered the carrot of a more favourable free trade agreement.
- When you have to offer a huge carrot to those who are supposed to obey you, something has to be wrong.
- It's a balancing act though because if the incentives are too generous, they could undermine the carrots being offered for GPs to work in the country.
- But society uses both carrots and sticks to encourage parents to provide continuity of care.
- Can't get your head around the old carrot and stick approach, John?
- The minister warned yesterday a carrot and stick approach may be needed to change the mindset of many leisure craft operators and users.
- There need to be carrots not just sticks if people are to be persuaded to leave their car at home.
- On the economic front, it can offer stick and carrot.
- I do support a carrot and a stick approach, in terms of encouraging firstly, more healthy lifestyles and more healthy living.
- The point is, you must approach it with the carrot and the stick.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.