In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for gun)cartucho masculino
- The hand gun carried by the first man was a Webley revolver adapted to fire shot gun cartridges.
- Examine your shells and cartridges closely and use only the precise caliber or gauge for your specific firearm.
- For the first couple of weeks I dug up nothing but shot gun cartridges and buttons and then I found a Charles I shilling and I was hooked.
- She said authorities also found in the car automatic rifles, bullet cartridges, plastic explosives and other materials.
- Examine the unfired cartridge and if the bullet is still where it started out, all is well.
- Several spent cartridges and bullets were found outside and inside the premises.
- The more unusual ways of scattering ashes include packing them into fireworks which are then fired into the sky and putting ashes in shotgun cartridges to be blasted away.
- This feature prevents damage to bullet noses as the cartridge is chambered.
- He has admitted possessing 298 9mm bullet cartridges without a firearm certificate.
- Police found bullets and spent cartridges at the scene and believe a 9mm automatic pistol was used.
- We found some bullets and a shotgun cartridge within a jam jar, which was inside the bag.
- The honest concern is about airborne lead ejected by the primer and bullet when a cartridge is fired.
- Sarai picked it up and emptied the bullets from the cartridge.
- There were bullets and laser cartridges in the crate.
- Soldiers gripped the ball end in their teeth and tore it off the top of the cartridge; the charge was then poured, the paper used as a wad to pack it down, and the ball seated on top with the ramrod.
- Kyle cursed himself as he fumbled with bullets and cartridges.
- Other ways exist to link cartridges and bullets to a specific weapon.
- There was no mention of the shot gun cartridges.
- Dante gripped the bullet cartridge and yanked it out.
- Among the ammunition were shotgun cartridges and dum-dum bullets.
2(for record player)cápsula femenino
3(container)(of tape) cartucho masculino(of typewriter ribbon, film) carrete masculino
- Super8 film cartridges are available from good photographic stores for about £12 which thankfully includes processing.
- Larkin said he originally designed the cartridge using flash memory, but was concerned about the limited times the memory could be written and rewritten.
- In the late 1990s, multiple tape cartridges were required to contain the contents of a single disk drive.
- I duct taped the overflow drain on the sink, and inserted a CO2 cartridge into the drain cleaning unit.
- While third party suppliers claimed that these chips made it difficult to supply replacement cartridges, the EU ruling was designed to make cartridges easier to recycle.
- The proper respirator with a cartridge designed to filter lead should be worn when stripping, sanding, or scraping.
- The packaging apparatus is relatively simple in structure because it has no mechanisms for rotating the film cartridge and the case.
- The cartridges contain a cleaning fluid used in the clean and charge centre on an electric razor.
- Because the ribbon, unlike an ink cartridge, is designed to print a fixed number of images, you know your costs in advance.
- The game cartridges you bought contained the exact same ROM-chips found in the arcade versions.
- The ink cartridges were not designed to be refilled; anyone who chooses to use a refill kit also runs the risk of damaging the cartridge in the process.
- Re-manufactured laser cartridges contain high quality components and toners which yield outstanding results for printing so print quality is of a very high standard.
- This includes a cartridge containing methanol that is diluted to a 20 percent to 30 percent concentration to produce power in the fuel cell.
- He was loading cartridges, rolling the film on and flicking them out rather quickly.
- They would grill engineers about toner cartridges and design.
- Both these articles mention the possibility of refueling on the fly: inserting a new cartridge of fuel into the fuel cell without needing to power down your laptop or PDA.
- What is the potential impact of not being able to recover data from a tape cartridge that contains critical data?
- When she went in her box to get the cartridge of film, she saw another roll.
- The activated charcoal is normally packaged in filter cartridges that are inserted into the purification device.
- Cassette doors can break off, spring mechanisms inside cartridges can be dislodged, or the entire tape cabinet may break apart.
4(for pen)cartucho masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.