1(given hard surface)(metal) cementado
- When the stone was properly seasoned, the exposed surfaces were case-hardened, creating a finish more resistant to weathering.
2(callous)(social worker/doctor/judge) que se ha insensibilizado
- It's just that case-hardened nit-pickers like me can't help noticing these things.
- But those same flames also case-hardened developing nations.
- Sometimes, even when you are a case-hardened professional, you see history differently.
- But, regardless of how well the interviewers are trained, case-hardened criminals are unlikely to take these bogus coppers seriously, and might find it easy to ‘pull the wool over their eyes’.