In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1relación monetaria femenino
- The change was not the result of the imposition of a cash nexus on unwilling farmers in response to landlords' demands for higher rents.
- They were in it for something more enduring than the cash nexus - they had a commitment to the intellectual development of the next generation.
- Gambling is at best an unhealthy industry that accentuates the inequality in society, acting as a cash nexus, transforming everyone and everything into a commodity.
- Third, machine production, the factory system and the cash nexus profoundly altered the social structure first of England and then, by the end of the century, throughout Europe and eventually the world.
- What could have been a more virulent expression of ‘nascent class antagonism’ than his program to turn all social relations into the cash nexus?
- He has suggested that ‘their obligation to fight did not arise from the cash nexus but from the bonds of lordship’.
- Higher virtues and social concerns were subsumed by the cash nexus and crass materialism of an industrial capitalist society.
- So not only in its upper echelons was the rural world increasingly penetrated by the cash nexus that eroded the traditional social order and its value-system.
- Perhaps, but the queue at the local bagel shop suggests that the cash nexus still holds the upper hand.
- This disrupted existing social networks, destroyed moral communities, replaced personal bonds by the cash nexus, and caused immense deprivation and demoralization.
- What's truly new about the new economy is its scope-the unprecedented spread of for-profit exchange and the cash nexus into human affairs-and the speed at which this monetized system expands and operates.
- More than one hundred years after the founding of the republic, materialism, the cash nexus, deceit and corruption had become the centerpiece of a society supposedly built upon the twin pillars of civic duty and republican virtue.
- The impersonality of the cash nexus, ‘refreshing’ to those who can avail themselves of its benefits, is debilitating to those who cannot.
- To prevent the domination of the degrading cash nexus, Mitchel advocated a system of economic regulation and mutual obligation between employer and employee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.