In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- UK bookmakers, casinos and betting shops make billions of pounds every year.
- What will happen when we get our legal gambling casinos and the influx of people doubles and triples?
- He was known to be a regular gambler at casinos and betting shops, went to the gym daily and won karate trophies.
- Only one underage person in our sample gambled regularly in New Zealand casinos.
- The physical restrictions on casinos has meant online gambling has been popular in Britain.
- The rest of the former store is set to become a hotel, flats, restaurants and possibly a casino.
- His happiness relies on a visit to the casino to play the slot machines.
- He still managed to go to the casino for an evening's gambling and do a runner on his taxi fare.
- West and Fike are quick to point out the decadent lifestyle they all led inside the bars, casinos and hotel rooms.
- As in the earlier study, many of them were underage when they gambled illegally in casinos.
- The big bonus here is that all the fun and games of the casino are close to hand.
- I used to bet on everything: horses, dogs, in casinos, at private card games, you name it.
- Until now, anyone wishing to gamble at a casino had to sign up as a member and had to wait 24 hours to gain entry.
- His ability to give bad luck to others lands him a job at a casino, where he spoils the winning streaks of gamblers.
- Critics have claimed the explosion of new casinos could lead to a rise in addiction to gambling.
- Roy says a poker room at the casino could possibly open as early as late summer.
- Gaming in casinos and indeed betting on horse racing are just some of many ways in which people gamble.
- In Las Vegas, income from gaming tables at the casinos fell dramatically, but slot machine revenue was up.
- As part of the bid, the race track could have been turned into a gaming complex with a casino.
- He said they will gamble in any country, whether it is casinos or horseracing tracks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.