In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The cleaner can be used on all coverings, from shagpile carpets to wooden floorboards and ceramic tiles, and is fitted with a soft tread on the castors and wheels to protect even the most sensitive floor coverings.
- You install the castor wheels with 4 screws each - I put the locking ones at the front for easy access to the lock tab.
- If the terrace is too sunny, you could wheel away the tubs, with discreetly placed castors, to a shady corner to rest until the following spring.
- It is the best preserved of the group, retaining most of its original black paint; and, except for the addition of castors in the nineteenth century, it is in excellent condition.
- The desk, which is mounted on castors, has a working area that can easily hold a monitor and various accessories, while its features include a pullout keyboard shelf with swivel mouse support, a printer shelf and plenty of storage space.
- To get at the cabinets you insert a key into the star's centre and turn it so that the whole screen assembly rolls smoothly out on castors towards you.
- The turned tapering legs with carved upper sections and brass toes and castors are again typical of the William IV or early Victorian period.
- Other surprises in the building are the series of exhibition trucks which are mounted on castors.
- It also features a new black-and-white, hexagonal cabinet, with a door that allows easy storage and comes complete with castors for easy movement.
- To move the camera in and around the small stage space, many of the set pieces were set on castors and rolled about to keep out of the way of the camera.
- The base is available with castors for hard or soft floors.
- The chair has four legs, pedestal or swivel base with castors.
- The chair's support, frame and castors are made from die-cast aluminium, while the finish comes in either polished or stove-enamelled aluminium in a choice of black, bright silver or anthracite.
- Easy to erect and reconfigure, some of the tables are provided with castors so that they can be shifted to create meeting places, group workspaces and individual desks.
- The round seat rests on three castors and is intended as a ‘place of retreat’ where users can withdraw with their laptops and mobiles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.