In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aceite de ricino masculinoaceite (de) castor masculino Cono Sur
- It is very harmful and hazardous to health when mixed with crude castor oil, industrial palmolein-oil, mineral oils etc.
- Modified castor oil is now used in the production of urethane plastics, inks, rubber and other synthetic products.
- Also, if you will be receiving this medicine by injection, tell your health care professional if you are allergic to any other substances, such as castor oil.
- The products include cashew, castor oil, palm, potato, soybean, green bean, peanut, maize, sweet corn and eucalyptus.
- One million tons of castor beans are processed to produce castor oil every year and the waste from this process is approximately five per cent ricin.
- The stimulant laxative castor oil, for example, can cause early labor.
- As you know, castor oil was once used as a laxative.
- Mild oily purgatives like castor oil or bulk laxatives such as linseed or psyllium seeds are recommended.
- Clearly, castor oil was only a temporary measure.
- People of a certain age remember castor beans as the source of the vile-tasting castor oil, a much-dreaded laxative home remedy.
- Some readers are enthusiastic about castor oil, while both arnica and comfrey have a long folk tradition of use for bruises.
- Today, although castor oil is produced more than ever, its medicinal use as a laxative is almost nonexistent.
- On a negative note, the smell of castor oil, sulphur or cascara spooned down our throats was enough to turn the stomach of the most stalwart.
- ‘They forced him to drink castor oil,’ Negri explains.
- Review of the literature indicates that one poorly designed study involving 100 participants studied castor oil versus no treatment.
- Civil War surgeons began treatment with mild purgatives, such as castor oil, extract of senna, or small doses of calomel.
- Ricin, one of the deadliest naturally occurring poisons, is derived from castor plant beans, which are grown worldwide to produce castor oil.
- One person recalls another form of Saturday cleansing - a dose of castor oil or medicine made from senna leaves, or liquorice powder.
- Agri and allied products showing a substantial increase in exports were rice, pulses, tobacco, spices, nuts and seeds, cashew, guar, gum meal, castor oil and processed food items, an official release said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.