In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino viernes informal
- Plus, we all know it feels better than a suit and tie, but is casual Friday actually good for your health?
- For starters, if you're tucking your shirt into your pants, then you should wear a belt - unless it's casual Friday at the office.
- It's casual Friday, so I assume that conservative business attire is not required.
- I don't tuck in my t-shirt… unless it's casual Friday, when a t-shirt is acceptable but only if it's tucked.
- Every day has become casual Friday, but there's no need to compromise style.
- They arrive early and stay late and glare reproachfully at anyone who leaves anywhere near on time. They take everything so seriously and wear suits even on slightly casual Friday.
- And if these too-good-to-be-true paragons can also deliver the goods, it'll be the best change in management style since casual Friday.
- I had been wearing the usual casual Friday clothes, jeans and a sweater with the Tigers logo on the front, and I looked exhausted.
- The problem is, casual Friday has permeated the whole week.
- And if they really wanted to prepare us for the real world, why not make us wear a shirt and tie everyday except casual Friday?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.