In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The most highly conserved domain is located in the C terminus of the protein and is involved in dimerization and likely in catalysis.
- The frequency shifts show an electron movement toward -phosphate, which probably contributes to catalysis by reducing the free activation energy.
- Heterogeneous catalysis, in which the catalyst and reactants occupy separate phases, is something of a black art when compared with homogeneous catalysis.
- Thus, catalysis is believed to involve a one-step, metal-ion-mediated hydrolysis of the substrate by a metal-activated water molecule.
- One area where ionic liquids promise to make a big impact is in homogeneous catalysis, where the catalyst is typically dissolved in solution along with the reactants.
- The hope is to solve mysteries that Nature has long kept hidden, such as the molecular basis of catalysis and the mechanism that allows plants to split water at room temperature using sunlight.
- The life sciences firm specialises in the niche area of chiral catalysis, which enables the production of pharmaceuticals with reduced side effects.
- Liposomes are widely used as models of biomembranes and in applications such as solar energy conversion, chemical catalysis, and drug delivery.
- In general, chemical catalysis offers faster reactions times than bioremediation schemes but also tends to be more expensive.
- Amides are hydrolysed to ammonium salts with catalysis by acids or alkalis.
- After polymerisation using heat, light, radiation or catalysis, a range of strong thermosetting plastics can be produced.
- The partial negative charge on the oxygen atom makes it susceptible to acid catalysis.
- Histidines are often involved in acid base catalysis, and prone to activate nucleophiles by abstracting a proton.
- The metal catalysts are quite expensive, but since catalysis occurs at the surface, only a thin layer is required.
- Interestingly, protein loops are often involved in protein activities, including ligand binding and catalysis.
- The catalytic domain also contains an oxyanion hole that is essential for catalysis.
- In either case, the new structure represents an interesting and unique case of metal coordination in enzyme catalysis.
- The regions of the monomer that move most during catalysis are shown in dark gray.
- Enzymes have been widely praised for their specificity and efficiency in stereospecific catalysis.
- My research interests are organic chemistry mechanisms, organometallic chemistry, and heterogeneous catalysis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.