In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In preconciliar Catholicism, such questions would be dismissed quickly and easily.
- For the mass of Italians the Church and Catholicism were a central part of everyday life.
- Yet Catholicism has never condemned all participation in war as morally impermissible.
- The strength of Polish Catholicism derived from the church's role as one of the main sources of national identity.
- A lot of the traditions carried out in her youth revolved around Catholicism and the Church.
- One of the characteristics of Catholicism is a lively devotion to Our Lady.
- Moore's preoccupation with faith and with religion, particularly with Catholicism, is a salient feature of his work.
- There is no doubt that the shift from the use of Latin to the vernacular was a momentous event in Catholicism.
- The Catholicism of the forties and fifties cannot and should not be restored.
- Obviously Brian felt strongly enough about his Catholicism to insist on a church wedding.
- In high school, he abandoned his parents' Hindu faith and converted to Catholicism.
- Or was her Catholicism simply part of the natural order, just taken for granted?
- The Catholicism practiced in Venezuela very much follows the guidelines of the Roman hierarchy.
- Families, not bishops, carry and transmit Catholicism, in our culture as any culture.
- Church and state are separate today, but Catholicism is the religion of the great majority.
- Nowadays it is not so easy to know who is a Catholic, or what one understands by Catholicism.
- Alone among the great monotheistic faiths, Catholicism is a lover rather than a breaker of icons.
- You seem to be confusing being raised as a Catholic with actually practicing Catholicism, mate.
- I think the shift can be traced to factors both external and internal to American Catholicism.
- They brought with them Jesuit missionaries to convert the people to Catholicism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.