In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coliflor gratinada con queso
- It came with a side dish packed with new potatoes, green beans and cauliflower cheese.
- Since we have all eaten dire cauliflower cheese, why not transform this comfort food with top-quality ingredients?
- Toby, ten, had cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes, cabbage and carrots.
- Since it's just me, I'm having something out of the freezer - cauliflower cheese and hash browns.
- I'd been in the middle of preparing one of our favourite meals: cauliflower cheese garnished with crispy bacon, served with sliced cold corned beef and good quality boiled potatoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.