In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We searched Medline using strategies for studies of causation and aetiology described by McKibbon.
- Where we say the trial judge eventually failed is that he did not make a determination as to causation in this case.
- Take a standard case of mental causation: your headache causes you to go to the cupboard to get an aspirin.
- To my mind, the first issue which the judge had to determine was an issue of causation - did the breach of duty cause the damage alleged.
- But if you put it on that basis, your causation has not necessarily been determined.
- Moreover, in simple causation the second event does not occur unless the first event has occurred.
- It does not depend on proof of causation of actionable loss.
- Yet, by the end of the semester, this was the book that most illuminated their understandings of the complex causations behind forest change.
- As the molecular mechanisms of diseases and their causations are increasingly understood, so classifications are increasingly becoming blurred and overlapping, and many diseases are now recognized as being multi-causal.
- A jury could reasonably decide that causation had been established, given the evidence.
- The present study confirmed the harmfulness of bidis in the causation of lung cancer.
- The mere presence of viral particles does not establish causation of autism: it may be an incidental finding.
- Since this was a correlational study, no causations can be assumed regarding self-esteem.
- Rather, liability for injuries has been extended beyond any reasonable definition of causation.
- The criteria for determining causation of serious events were not stated.
- It inhibits a phosphorylating enzyme that's crucial in the causation of that particular cancer.
- A breach of duty was conceded but causation of the injury was not accepted.
- The general principle is that causation is established if the result would not have occurred but for D's conduct.
- In conclusion, this study has shown smoking as the principle risk factor in the causation of lung cancer among men.
- But counter-stories and challenges to the causations of such oblivion find little or no public space.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.