In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)servicio de teletexto de la BBC
- The BBC's pioneering interactive teletext service Ceefax began thirty years ago today.
- As always in these situations, listen out for radio bulletins or check Ceefax and Teletext for updates.
- BBC Online also offered a comprehensive results service, as did Ceefax and Digital Text - via mobile phones.
- As well as comprehensive coverage of the best of the action on television, including a full results service on Ceefax from page 380, you can also keep up-to-date on the radio.
- To see what other lenders have on offer, browse through the Best Buys in the weekend newspapers, Teletext, Ceefax, and online - most are produced by independent researcher Moneyfacts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.