In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bloque de celdas masculino
- In midafternoon, we saw a human rights observer speaking with the prisoners in the cell block beside ours.
- Three women, three lives, three imprisoned, solitary souls in the same cell block.
- It was interesting showing the magistrates the cell block.
- If a prisoner in the cell block rebelled, he was not allowed to shower, sometimes for days.
- The officers stand around the cell block, scratching their heads.
- The appellant became very upset and was screaming and yelling in the cell block.
- The video was shot with the band performing at various locations throughout the compound - outside, during the prisoners' lunchbreak, and inside the cell block.
- A hundred prisoners turned at once to the cell block's single barred window, where a blur of color floated through the front gate, heading for the compound.
- Scotland on Sunday is the first newspaper to gain access to a three-storey cell block called the Titanic, where prisoners rioted, breaking free from their cells, setting fire to mattresses and brandishing water pipes as weapons.
- He was placed in Camp Echo and later told the British prisoners there was no natural light in the cell block and it was impossible to tell the time of day.
- Soon the criminals find themselves shut in their cell block, with the warden and a dozen soldiers on the outside, ready to bust in by any means possible - no matter the damage.
- This could arise, for example, where an inmate has been stabbed in a cell block and it is thought necessary to skin search all inmates there for the weapon.
- On May 18, a detainee staged a suicide attempt to lure guards into a cell block, where they were attacked by prisoners armed with makeshift weapons, the military said.
- The Daily Dispatch report told how three prisoners made their break through a fence surrounding their cell block last August.
- He told the newspaper that he attempted to hang himself after he was placed in a cell block with mentally ill prisoners.
- As a result the prisoners who were locked in tried to break down the bars to escape the burning cell block.
- The main cell block is a cavernous building with a central four-story island of stacked cells.
- Each cell block has only six showers for 60 inmates, James Griffin says.
- The audio tour was well done, and as we walked from cell block to cell block I couldn't forget the prison's history of misery.
- The detainees in the photographs were suspected of starting a riot in another area of the prison and had been brought to the cell block for further questioning.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.