In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For instance, periorbital edema with proptosis could be the result of cellulitis or acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Any infection in this area, as from a pimple or boil in the nostril or on the upper lip or nose, may cause a local tissue inflammation known as cellulitis.
- Common skin infections include cellulitis, erysipelas, impetigo, folliculitis, and furuncles and carbuncles.
- Some patients present with congestive heart failure, stroke or a severe localized infection such as pneumonia, cellulitis or septic arthritis.
- Infections such as mastitis and cellulitis tend to be erythematous, tender, and warm to the touch; they may be more circumscribed if an abscess has formed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.