In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acetato de celulosa masculino
- Some of the first useful polymers were chemically modified natural polymers such as vulcanized rubber and cellulose acetate.
- Membranes were formerly made of cellulose acetate, but today they are made from polyamide plastics.
- To complicate the problem, photographs have over the years been printed on paper, glass, metal, cellulose nitrate, cellulose acetate, or polyester film, each to be conserved by somewhat different methods.
- Plastic films laminated to foil for commercial use include cellophane, cellulose acetate, rubber hydrochloride, polyvinyl chloride, polyesters, and polyethylene.
- Other novel polymers have also been used to make wind instruments: for example, cellulose acetate was used to make recorders in the early part of the 20th century.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.