- Rather, it is inspired by Celtic belief in the importance of lakes and rivers as sources of power.
- Provincial Roman and the subsequent Celtic enamels were produced on a bronze base.
- The Eisteddfod is an annual event in Wales which has descended from a Celtic tradition.
- As for England, they are plainly a league apart, from the Celtic nations at least.
- We also meet Helen, a mother who lives in the shadow of the Celtic ground, and whose husband is in jail.
- Maude Gonne and Yeats worked together to promote the Celtic mysteries within the order.
- Surely you must have observed the recent growth in Celtic names in recent years.
- Halloween is known as Samhain to pagans and was the Celtic festival of the dead.
- Ireland is the only independent Celtic country and it was very important to me when I came here.
- As long as ideas of a pure Britishness persist, Celtic identity will be a response to them.
- Some of these books and texts are translations of Celtic legends and sagas; others are retellings of the material, folklore, or literary works based on Celtic themes.
- Ancient Celtic legends win out over oral traditions like these for two reasons.