In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calefacción central femenino
- My property is a one bedroom flat with 5 radiators, gas central heating and a gas cooker.
- In today's world, electricity turns our nights into days and central heating our winters into spring.
- The property is also fitted with gas fired central heating and smoke alarms.
- There is a security entry phone system, gas central heating and reserved car parking space.
- It has been rewired, with double glazing and central heating put in, along with a new kitchen and bathroom.
- I was told this is because I have central heating and the water rates are connected to the general rates.
- The first thing is to make sure that, if you have gas-fired central heating, your gas boiler is working smoothly.
- The house has oil fired central heating and also has electric storage heaters.
- We did not put central heating or double glazing in homes we had any intention of demolishing.
- Gas-fired central heating and a video intercom system are included in each apartment.
- There is no central heating, one tumble dryer for 17 people and only one source of hot water.
- Some people don't like having their central heating on and their houses are freezing.
- Staff are even encouraged to wear warmer clothes in cold weather to reduce the need for central heating.
- A mother hit boiling point after going more than six weeks without hot water or central heating.
- The house is fitted with gas-fired central heating and double glazed hardwood windows.
- The cottage has gas fired central heating, a burglar alarm and draught proof sash windows.
- With central heating we do not have air circulation as in the old days.
- Then gas fires and central heating started to become popular and families replaced their coal fires.
- They have central heating, hot and cold running water, a fridge and a domestic-size cooker.
- My family had no central heating, one open fire and no double glazing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.