In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The centripetal acceleration of this system rapidly became very high.
- But as soon as they are seen from any distance, they erupt into pulsing centripetal and centrifugal vortices.
- The competing forces of gravity at the lower end and outward centripetal acceleration at the farther end keep the cable under tension.
- This is how fast the Earth would need to rotate to get centripetal acceleration at the equator equal to 9.81 m/s.
- The pattern of differentiation could thus be visualized as a centripetal wave moving inward from a ring of already differentiated cells.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.