In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of womb)cuello del útero masculino
- The IUD is inserted through the cervix and into the womb, while the vagina is held open as in a cervical smear test.
- The cervix forms the lower third, connected by a narrow isthmus to the main muscular body of the uterus.
- This is a major operation in which the cervix and womb are removed.
- A post box is a public container for the deposit of outgoing mail, and a vagina is the passage leading from the opening of the vulva to the cervix of the uterus in female mammals.
- Both of these techniques can be used throughout pregnancy to allow a closer look at the cervix and lower uterus.
- The early embryos (fertilized eggs) are then transferred to the uterus through the cervix, or into a fallopian tube.
- The mobility of the urethra, bladder, cervix, and rectal ampulla were determined by ultrasound measurements in the supine position, after voiding, and on Valsalva maneuver.
- Smoking is also associated with cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, cervix, kidney, ureter, and bladder.
- A balloon catheter is inserted vaginally through the cervix and into the uterus.
- This uses a narrow flexible or rigid telescope called a hysteroscope, which is passed into the vagina, through the cervix and into the uterus.
- Second-trimester miscarriage often is caused by problems with the uterus (such as an abnormally shaped uterus) or by a weakened cervix that dilates prematurely.
- Smoking has been linked to increased risks for several cancers, including cancer of the cervix, vulva, oropharynx, bladder, pancreas, liver, kidneys, and colorectal system.
- It makes the mucus in your cervix (entrance to the womb) get thicker.
- Once the anaesthetic has taken effect, the hysteroscope is gently passed through the cervix and into the womb itself.
- This makes it very difficult for sperm to travel through the cervix and into the womb.
- The Cervical Caps are placed in the cervix to block the passage of the sperm to the uterus.
- No other abnormalities were detected in the cervix, uterus, ovaries, or fallopian tubes.
- Some women get warts or changes in the cervix (the opening to the womb), vulva (a woman's outer genital area), or anus.
- The smear, or Pap test, identifies early changes in the cells of your cervix - the lower part of the womb - which if not discovered and treated can become cancerous.
- Physical findings include a normal or slightly enlarged uterus, pelvic pain with movement of the cervix and a palpable adnexal mass.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.