In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tienda de una cadena femenino
- Every chain store worth its salt has a presence and shoppers come from miles around every weekend to throng the pedestrianised streets and modern malls.
- It was reported in the Legal Daily early this year that a company selling construction materials in Beijing wanted to open a chain store somewhere in Northwest China.
- Money spent in a chain store leaves town on the next electronic transfer, while money spent in a local store circulates in the community seven more times before leaving.
- More to the point it can demonstrate how a chain store can expand sales by tapping into other market segments not being met by current product offerings.
- And that was how I felt this afternoon after buying my clothes from a Japanese chain store, which incidentally has shops in Japan and the UK and nowhere else.
- It's one thing to pay by cheque or automated debit at the grocery store you visit every week, or at a well-known chain store, banking officials say.
- Yet Generation Y are a smart, motivated group, as discriminating in their college searches as any consumer shopping the aisles of a chain store.
- If they go to a major chain store, that store would order from a large distributor, not from you nor from independent black distributors.
- The only two stores were a mall chain store and the local head shop.
- The chain store may further cut the price and take a smaller profit to develop more business in that department.
- To prove his point, he travels to a Barnes and Noble bookstore (this is a nationwide chain store in the United States) and finds only a few books that deal with chess history.
- The chain store kept setting up store after store nationwide, but did not turn a profit for years.
- This is why the ONLY chain store in the town is the Grand Union supermarket and two gas stations.
- He complained that Game Stores in particular had become hostile to Zambian manufacturers and that even after the local companies fulfilled the various conditions given to them, the chain store still declined to stock their products.
- Mitchell believes that local business owners are realizing that when a chain store comes to town, it's not just traditional retailers that get hurt.
- Laoma Rice-Flour Noodles Company from Chongqing has set up its first chain store in Shanghai as its spearhead into the metropolitan market.
- Part of that story is how the farmers got kicked out of a shopping center mall when a failing grocery chain store complained the market was cutting into its business.
- It's the name of a French chain store that sells high-quality frozen foods.
- Some of them bought up marked-down books from the dying indie store in its final days, then took them to the chain store (without removing the price stickers) and tried to return them for a full refund.
- The bookstore is to be replaced by a chain store that sells everything for walkers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.