In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1testigo de buena conducta femenino
- He testified as a character witness at Thursday's sentencing hearing.
- With all the evidence against him and only a handful of character witnesses his lawyers say he has little chance of acquittal.
- There was no shortage of character witnesses willing to attest to their integrity.
- And I for one will act as character witness at their defence trial on behalf of all decent caring people.
- Sometimes they hear from character witnesses, like the defendant's schoolteachers, who will describe if he or she seemed immature or prone to taking risks.
- She added said: ‘The police were helpful but said the only way we could sort it out was with a character witness.’
- Evidence from three character witnesses had spoken in glowing terms about his total dedication to his work.
- Even with a guilty plea the defendant was allowed to bring in character witnesses.
- I would serve as a character witness for him any day.
- Alex also told me that I may be called as some form of character witness.
- Next up to the witness stand is a series of character witnesses who speak on behalf of Philip.
- The defence produced only two character witnesses.
- A string of character witnesses described him in court as a ‘gentleman’.
- ‘We felt it countered his three character witnesses because he said he was personally evasive in dealing with the police,’ Keys added.
- Through all the years we've known each either, I'd have been happy to act as a character witness for any of them.
- Later, at a hearing to determine whether Lewis should be released on bond, Woodson spoke as a character witness.
- Throughout his trial, numerous scientists and religious leaders sent letters of support or acted as character witnesses.
- Judge Fraser heard several days of submissions in late June at a sentencing hearing where several character witnesses testified on behalf of the convicted policeman.
- If they asked you to be a character witness, would you appear?
- Among the errors it is claimed he made are that he failed to call character witnesses or expert witnesses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.