In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacer a la brasahacer a las brasas
- The prawn version consisted of butterflied prawns, chargrilled, with no trace whatsoever of the marinade.
- Other main courses included stuffed aubergine with feta cheese, tomato and chick pea salsa or chargrilled fillet of beef with Roquefort butter, salad, tomato and fries.
- The lamb, however, is pink and tender and deliciously chargrilled and meaty.
- The chargrilled fillet steak with creamed potatoes and roasted field mushrooms was ordered medium rare and arrived medium.
- Vegetarian main courses are especially enticing, with creative combinations such as chargrilled aubergine, pepper, buffalo mozzarella and pesto.
- You can also use regular chicken breasts, chargrilled until just tender.
- Lili opted for the king prawns as her main course, while I chose the prime Scottish fillet of salmon, chargrilled with lemon juice, at £14.95.
- We could have chosen from chicken liver, foie gras parfait or chargrilled asparagus or lime marinated red mullet.
- Mr Kuster said the chargrill method of cooking was completely different to the older style grills and that staff had been hard at work on training courses to perfect their techniques.
- For mains, we have chargrilled tenderloin and Chilean sea bass.
- Madame Noire had the chargrilled sirloin steak, which came with fried onions and a spicy peppercorn sauce.
- If I'm working from home, lunch will usually be chargrilled meat (often organic lamb) on a bed of salad dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Main courses included 8oz fillet steak, chargrilled leg of lamb, chicken, cod and salmon ranging from the €10 to €17 mark.
- The chicken, free-range and chargrilled, came on long skewers on top of a heap of salad leaves laced with Parmesan and parma ham.
- Usually people prefer the rustic taste of chargrilled food.
- My companion ordered the Cajun chicken dish - chicken breasts chargrilled with a blend of Cajun spices and served with a fresh fruit salsa cruda.
- If you have the time, you may also like to chargrill some of them, such as the asparagus tips.
- And there's only so many times you can eat raw carrots and celery: chargrilled vegetables make a good variation.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot and chargrill the potatoes for four to five minutes or until golden brown.
- To obtain its unique flavour, chargrill aubergine over a naked flame, turning frequently for approximately 30 minutes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.