1escuela de beneficencia femenino
- About 60 children are educated in a charity school, and about 200 in private schools.
- The boy says he went to a Church charity school before the war and that he can mediate for us.
- Before the 1800s, there were grammar schools, frequently of pre-Reformation origin, independent or ‘adventure’ schools, and charity schools.
- But it was my pupils at the charity school who won my heart with their endless warmth and affection.
- The girls retire to the garden, where Jane finally sees the sign that says she is at Lowood Institution, a charity school for orphans.