In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona encantadora femeninoencanto masculino
- The Scottish charmer will make the perfect super-slick lawyer in this kiss-and-tell tale of Roxie Hart, a nightclub dancer who kills her lover.
- In fact, he was Sarsbury's resident charmer of ladies, smart, rich and incredibly handsome.
- ‘This character is a sophisticated charmer who turns out to be a villain,’ wrote Allen, ‘and I thought you'd be perfect.’
- That woman and a string of mistresses describe him as a charmer but also a manipulator with a propensity to control weaker-willed people.
- Harlan is a horse-riding, pistol-twirling charmer who seems to have stepped out of a 1950s western and washed up in modern-day Los Angeles.
- Brilliant mimic and able showbiz charmer though he is, Stewart is a newcomer to the straight acting game.
- No need to apologise, or explain, he's a charmer who lives off his wits, has a serious gambling problem and prefers to observe the internecine nature of romance, rather than participate.
- It is a characteristic of charmers that when they suspect they may have caused offence, they calculate that a sufficiently charming apology should get them off the hook.
- If, for instance, the father were a financial failure, a charmer but unsuccessful, then we might be in a position to understand Will's resistance to his romantic adventure tales.
- The charmer even said: ‘Women are the most beautiful things in the world.’
- It is a gift, and this silver-tongued charmer has it in spades.
- However, the father was a charmer, with a suggested history of fraud and embezzlement.
- The thought that she was ignoring him was not one that he was used to; after all he was John Darro, famous reporter and charmer extraordinaire.
- Something tells me that this effervescent charmer will have no trouble attracting travelling companions.
- This sly charmer is so small that everyone and everything towers above him.
- Gordon himself was a real charmer but he puts on this volatile act for the cameras and I think our chef was totally overawed by him.
- He's a man who never does the right thing but somehow manages to win people around because he's a charmer.
- The former silver-tongued charmer did not utter one word during the entire occasion.
- He was a flirter, a charmer, a seducer and a loyal friend.
- Brought up to believe her dad is an abandoned bounder, Pam is surprised to discover Paul is a bit of a charmer and is sure that if his marriage cannot go the distance, hers is certainly doomed to failure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.