In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- On the one hand, alchemy is regarded as a precursor of the modern science of chemistry.
- Clearly, empirically derived premises are more relevant to empirical sciences like physics and chemistry.
- It includes some of all the other sciences: physics, chemistry, and even biology in the form of nuclear medicine.
- Many Swedish Americans have become distinguished in the field of science, especially in chemistry and physics.
- In high school, I was interested in math and science, particularly chemistry and biology.
- Although primarily interested in mathematics, he also dabbles in physics, chemistry and computer science.
- In any event, there seems no doubt that chemistry was the science of choice for Romantics.
- In most schools the disciplines of physics, biology and chemistry have given way to a broader study of ‘science’ worth two GCSEs.
- Industrial chemistry is the branch of chemistry which deals with raw materials.
- We are also very interested in those with physics, computer science, mathematics and chemistry backgrounds.
- He lectured on analysis, physics, mechanics, chemistry, and engineering topics.
- Those of you in the field of medicine, chemistry or occult sciences will be successful.
- This study provides a new tool to botanical scientists by merging areas of materials science, chemistry and plant biology.
- I can confirm this is also true of chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering and mathematics textbooks.
- After an interview at Birkbeck University in London this week, she was offered a place to study science, majoring in chemistry, starting in January.
- So I did a first year dentistry course which was physics, chemistry, maths and science.
- The plight of other sciences like physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics however, has not been recognised.
- The other four Nobel prizes, for chemistry, physics, medicine and literature, are given in Sweden.
- He studied physics as his main subject but took mathematics, astronomy and chemistry as minor subjects.
- The sciences are well served in a number of leading fields, including astronomy, chemistry, medicine, and engineering.
2(properties)propiedades femeninocomportamiento masculino
- The liver chemistries of all patients were compared after six months.
- Once the transfer layer is exposed, the gas chemistry for the reactive ion etch consists of oxygen alone.
- The widespread frequency of serum blood chemistry analyses in medicine requires an appropriate guideline for evaluating abnormal test results.
- They are mainly based on acrylic and urethane chemistries, as well as some epoxies and silicones.
- His white blood cell count, blood chemistries, and transaminase levels were within normal limits.
- Other markers of kidney damage include abnormalities in urine sediment, blood, and urine chemistries, and abnormal findings on imaging studies.
- ‘After screening different sugar ester chemistries, we identified the most active chemical forms - ones that killed test insects instantly,’ says the scientist.
- Many studies have observed significant changes in soil chemistry created by mound building animals in a wide range of habitats.
- Like falling estrogen levels, stress can alter your brain chemistry and deplete serotonin.
- Not surprisingly, since the target molecules vary, insecticide chemistries vary.
- Parker's body chemistry is drastically altered after the accidental bite.
- Cotton's career parallels the rise in transition metal organometallic chemistry.
- In the early days, rocket science was a mixture of propellant chemistry, engineering, and a lot of luck.
- Sick plants or plants grown in contaminated soil may have altered chemistries.
- But in a second, related study, scientists say the sink effect is now changing ocean chemistry.
- His research focuses on the interface between synthetic organic chemistry and organosilicon chemistry.
- As water moves and chemical reactions occur, the chemistry of the water changes and its properties are altered.
- Then we could study their brain chemistry and try to figure it out.
- AGB stars in which the abundance of carbon atoms exceeds that of oxygen atoms have chemistries dominated by carbon and are known as carbon stars.
- It is thus interesting to consider how these intrinsic differences between protein and RNA chemistries impact the nature of how these molecules fold.
3(interaction)sintonía femeninovibraciones femeninothe chemistry of love/worker-management relations — la sintonía del amor/de las relaciones empleado-dirección
- good/bad chemistry — buena/mala sintonía
- the chemistry between us was wrong — entre nosotros no existía esa atracción mutua indispensable
- a certain chemistry develops between the performer and his audience — se establece una comunicación muy especial entre el artista y su público
- Much of this rests on personal relationships and chemistry.
- They have a chemistry that's as funny as George Burns and Gracie Allen.
- And the chemistry is every bit as important as whether you happen to agree on every issue.
- There's clearly something between these two, although it's more in the nature of sexual chemistry than love.
- If the chemistry is not there, then I don't bother.
- Most baseball men subscribe to familiar truisms about talent, character, and the chemistry of winning teams.
- Sometimes, you know, the chemistry works and you just click into action with someone.
- I'm surprised the chemistry between them has developed so quickly.
- If the chemistry is right, they can be fun, rowdy, and filled with a bit of harmless debauchery.
- A certain chemistry is lacking between the romantic leads.
- Since the film is a character drama, it relies very heavily on the interaction and chemistry between the characters.
- A lot of that would depend on the chemistry between two actors.
- They have the chemistry of lovers and the rawness of siblings.
- These two don't strike sparks, but there is a palpable chemistry.
- Your parents have probably noticed the chemistry between you so if you want to level with them, go ahead.
- And I guess also the chemistry of the people who are on the show is good.
- And I was wondering if the chemistry that you guys have on your show, if it continues when you guys are off air?
- Anyway, he was charming, funny, smart and we had complete chemistry.
- We were both caught up in the moment, the excitement, the chemistry.
- Next Generation tried to copy the chemistry with Picard, Riker, and Troy - but it just didn't work.
- When you meet someone and the chemistry is there, you don't know why, you don't know how, but it's there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.