In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inspector general (de la policía) masculino América Latinainspectora general (de la policía) femenino América Latinainspector jefe (de la policía) masculino Españainspectora jefe (de la policía) femenino España
- It is not the job of the chief inspector to tell the administration what the administration wants to hear.
- We are talking about grass roots; we are talking about PCs, sergeants, inspectors and chief inspectors.
- She is returning to the city centre, where she worked as a chief inspector before transferring to Merseyside as a superintendent.
- The probation service has not been in good shape, as the criticisms of the quality of its work by successive chief inspectors demonstrate.
- The chief inspector said police would need the help of other agencies and the public in doing this.
- A total of 1,457 inspectors, 391 chief inspectors and 629 superintendents were questioned in the survey.
- It is suggested that a public meeting on the issue will take place sometime and also the police chief inspector will be invited to voice his opinion.
- We have representatives - I think they are chief inspectors - from the two police stations involved.
- You are a sergeant, you are an inspector, a chief inspector, superintendent.
- That's £100,000 for the sake of a few eggs: or the annual salary of five more police constables, four more sergeants or two more chief inspectors.
- A former police chief inspector accused of thefts totalling £20,000 has denied the offences and is to go on trial at Crown Court.
- The South Yorkshire Police vetting unit is made up of a chief inspector, another officer and three civilians who are overseen by a superintendent.
- Soon after he became an inspector and worked with the motorway unit and then a chief inspector of traffic operations at the force's Hutton headquarters.
- Until one very recent promotion to superintendent there were also no women above chief inspector rank, they said.
- The role of the chief inspector in the criminal justice unit will be replaced by a civilian manager.
- Sharon and I both belong to the Association of Senior Women Officers and it is really good to see the number of chief inspectors and detective chief inspectors coming through at a younger period.
- This meeting will inform a later submission from the chief inspector to the relevant minister on what action should be taken to improve services within the council in a timely way.
- I spent, I think, four weeks on a sergeant's course, a couple of weeks on an inspector's course and nothing on a chief inspector's course.
- The chief inspector told the magistrates that the pubs in the district were well run with no ‘problem premises’.
- We asked the Treasury Solicitor to take charge of the inquiry in conjunction with a senior police officer of at least the rank of chief inspector.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.