In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Kaleidoscope fashions with swirling flowers and paisley prints make little chiffon or satin dresses very bold and enticing.
- The fabrics used for women had cotton, linen, silk and chiffon, while those for men had velvet and denim.
- The body of the dress was made from a mixture of satin and chiffon.
- Silk and chiffon are the hottest fabrics for brides.
- It was beautiful dress that reached to my knees with flowing wisps of silk and chiffon.
- He is also the first designer to use batik on silk and chiffon.
- Black coats, delicate sheer blouses in white chiffon and satin dresses in gold, silver, pale pink and lilac completes the picture of perfect style.
- Extremely gorgeous embroidery, graceful silk and satin and flowing chiffon creates a smart profile for today's woman.
- The girls looked stunning in silk, chiffon and velvet as they modelled stunning two-piece outfits and flowing ensembles.
- She explored new territory by turning her focus to flirty, light pieces in soft, pastel tones in satin, chiffon and graphic-printed silks.
- These cloths include silk and chiffon and each piece of work takes eight to ten days, and she has to paint from four to six hours each day.
- Her Grecian style gown was made entirely of scarlet silk and chiffon which gave the illusion of translucency.
- Tweed, tulle and chiffon will continue to show the textural variations we have become familiar with in recent times.
- The fabrics for spring are satin, jersey, chiffon and lace, turning up in every category from street wear to evening wear.
- Fabrics offer luxurious style in rich velvets, sheer chiffon, shiny satin and slinky jerseys.
- Floral prints in combination with light, natural fibres like chiffon, silk and linen underscore this young and natural look.
- Most special occasion dresses are made of chiffon, georgette, silk or man-made silk, organza, or crepe.
- In addition to the traditional heavier fall fabrics, chiffon and satin provide a lighter approach to the season.
- It was silk chiffon and had a skirt with 360-degree pleats.
- Designs of silk chiffon were drenched with a multitude of colors to create a brilliant abstract motif and finely detailed floral prints.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.