In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1malos tratos a la infancia
- To understand child abuse we need, paradoxically, to think harder about the nature of childhood.
- At the time many people did not see this as an issue of child abuse.
- The counsellor is duty-bound under California law to report any child abuse.
- Distressing events, such as child abuse and terrorism, are reported widely in the media.
- He emerged from the courtroom shouting that he had played no part in child abuse.
- Each Family Centre is part of a social work team which deals with child protection and the prevention of child abuse.
- Surely this would give way to more problems that could range from child abuse to abandoned babies.
- It is certainly a topic that audiences rarely warm to: films about child abuse have a hard time at the box office.
- The detention of children without a coherent rationale is institutional child abuse.
- It provokes a range of responses based on two radically different perspectives on the issue of child abuse.
- The experts all agreed that corporal punishment that results in injury is child abuse.
- Domestic violence is often concurrent with child abuse, because violent men hit both wives and kids.
- This is a controversial field and goes to the heart of recent public concerns over child abuse.
- Other causes taken up include road safety, child abuse and health education.
- It is too easy for a belief like this to support child abuse and sexual molestation.
- What is known though is that reports of child abuse have skyrocketed.
- There was a plea for cooperation between all departments in identifying child abuse.
- This teacher committed further acts of child abuse after his appointment and was later convicted.
- Within four years of publication, nearly every state had mandated that doctors report child abuse.
- I got sick reading the news of the two foreigners arrested on sexual child abuse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.