In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuidado de los niños masculinopuericultura femeninobefore noun child care facilities — guarderías femenino
- It gives the opportunity to parents to work knowing that their children have high quality childcare.
- Of course, the middle-class mother in Britain may be able to afford private childcare.
- Better yet, we could have personal tax breaks for everyone who has to pay for childcare.
- The results also show that childcare will again be an issue in the next general election.
- There are several different childcare options available to parents returning to work.
- The cost starts early, with a third of the money going to working parents to help with childcare costs.
- Many agree that the government needs to invest more in parental leave and quality childcare.
- Those using childcare the most are managers, administrators and professionals.
- Lack of childcare and transport can make it difficult for many women to access training and support.
- She would get excited about going to parties with friends and looked forward to a career in childcare.
- I think that the failure of the government to give working parents tax relief on childcare costs is a scandal.
- The best way of choosing childcare is to go and see a range of nurseries, childminders or other carers.
- If someone wanted to go into childcare they would be looking for a larger nursery than ours.
- She had won a place to become a student teacher but could not afford childcare for her daughter, Jessica.
- They will be able to meet and speak to special advisers about finding work, childcare and tax credits.
- Fortunately he was in childcare during this time and they were really good about it.
- There is much confusion about the type of childcare services available to parents.
- The problem is that there is no realistic scheme of funding or childcare.
- New staff can also be offered childcare on a temporary basis until they find something more permanent.
- Apart from the lack of jobs, the main obstacle for lone parents who want a paid job is the lack of childcare.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.