In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuidador de niños masculinocuidadora de niños femenino
- Will nannies and childminders simply relay instructions to our kids over the phone?
- Children of nine and ten don't want to be with childminders.
- York College runs a range of courses designed to train people for jobs in this sector including play workers, nursery nurses, childminders, crèche assistants and playgroup leaders.
- The association wants to see houses of registered childminders and foster carers given stickers to put in their windows so children who feel threatened on the way home from school can use these houses as a point of contact.
- The majority of people can get help with the cost of childcare and it is up to the individual whether you prefer a childminder or nursery.
- This would raise the profile of nannies in society and afford them a status on a par with other carers, such as childminders, teachers and nurses.
- To the vast majority of us, however, who stay at home with our babies, or leave them with childminders or in nurseries, it will make no difference whatsoever.
- As more women have sought full-time careers, various alternative forms of domestic assistance have developed, consisting of armies of contract cleaners, childminders, nannies and au pairs.
- Putting your one-year-old in a nursery or leaving them with a childminder may turn out to be a more momentous decision than you thought.
- The free places are available at pre-schools, day nurseries, some independent schools and some registered childminders.
- Watch how the childminder, nanny or nursery staff reacts to your child when you meet them.
- During the pilot project, each school will work in formal partnerships with local nurseries, playgroups and childminders to provide ‘early years’ education for children between the ages of three and five.
- They know where their local school is, but then there is the job of finding what local nurseries, playgroups and childminders are available.
- The free training programme is aimed at childminders/potential childminders and parents.
- Every child living within the city boundaries who has already passed their third birthday can have a free place with a nursery, playgroup, school nursery class or with some childminders.
- At present the tax credit is available only for children who are cared for at a nursery or by a registered childminder.
- It's best not to take her to visit nurseries or childminders until you're sure which place you'll choose.
- Child care officers can offer information about a wide range of childcare needs, including childminders, day nurseries and out of school and pre-school provision.
- Ministers have already signalled that they plan to include nannies under the scheme, meaning the childcare tax credit will finally cover nannies as well as nurseries and childminders.
- In this twisted world view, teachers, nursery staff and now childminders are assumed to be the least trustworthy adults of all.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.