In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fabric)gabardina de algodón generalmente de color caqui femenino
- He was wearing a yellow golf shirt, tucked into khaki chino shorts with a call phone clipped to his belt - the Republican uniform.
- The hot looks for shorts this summer include denim, combat (cargo and/or camouflage) and chino style.
- A college boy inspired range of casual leisurewear which mixes denim, chino and corduroy with splashes of colour, such as orange, red and green.
- Winchester police are looking for the man, described as white, aged 18-22, about 5ft 8in, with short hair, chino trousers and a ‘smart but casual appearance’.
- The hottest-selling fabric for embroidered caps today is a chino cotton-washed material, which is processed in such a way that it provides a soft, luxurious but sturdy finish.
- The hat is enzyme bio-washed chino twill with silicone softeners, low profile, six panels with sewn eyelets on each panel, and has a self-fabric strap with antique brass slide buckle closure and tuck-in grommet.
2chinos pluralIndumentariapantalones chinos masculinopantalones de chino masculino
- Just don't get caught wearing your sneakers with chinos and suits, at least not by me!
- Try them out with a nice pair of Earth tone flat-front chinos or slim-fit blue jeans, and a classic button-down shirt - tucked in or not.
- I've had to go back another generation of trousers, reverting to the chinos I was wearing a couple of years back.
- He therefore does not wear ‘sponge bag’ trousers, similar to chinos, or the flashy, personalised waistcoats sported by William and other prefects.
- I was wearing my standard uniform of chinos, polo shirt and a light sweater, and this felt about right.
- Between the polo shirts, V-neck sweaters, and chinos, these dapper gents could double up as Ralph Lauren models.
- I turned to a young man wearing a turtleneck and chinos.
- Whatever these shoes promise, leave the really jazzed up sneakers for the courts and wear more subtle sneakers with your jeans or chinos.
- He wore chinos, a polo shirt, and Topsiders with no socks to work - and he had little regard for rank or status.
- Slip-on sandals are extremely versatile as they can be worn with dressier chinos, jeans and even a nice pair of Bermuda shorts. short sleeve dress shirt
- They now wear chinos and pullovers and swan around Putney or F'lam and… anyway, enough about them.
- Like jeans, khakis and chinos, they can be worn with just about any style shirt, shoes and boots.
- You will see men and women in jeans, chinos, tailored trousers and jackets, anoraks, trainers, sportswear, coats and fleece - all garments developed from the uniform tradition.
- On dress-down Fridays half the tunnels' inhabitants are men wearing polo shirts tucked into chinos.
- But the youth turned to other fabrics and other styles of casual trousers such as khakis, chinos, and branded wear.
- The delegates wear designer chinos and yellow baseball caps and the talk is all about patriotism and duty - just don't mention the deficit, welfare meltdown or what's really in the manifesto.
- I should just be wearing chinos and a short-sleeved shirt.
- While wearing them with suits is a big no-no, discreet leather sneakers can be worn with chinos as a last resort.
- We are told that the company has been making clothing from well before the second world war and the range being sold here include shirts, polos, chinos, semi-formal trousers and ties.
- Stay away from wearing your khaki chinos during the winter months; you're better off with wool or flannel pants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.