In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They offer a whole range of facials, massage, pedicure, manicure and chiropody treatments, ranging in price from £24 for a basic pedicure to £39 for the super de luxe.
- Nevertheless, after further decades of boundary disputes with medicine, chiropody in Britain finally achieved state registration or licensing in 1960, largely within the terms of the above definition.
- Visiting services will be available such as physiotherapy, chiropody, occupational therapists and alternative therapists.
- Residents would share a central mall, library, beauty salon, activity room and cafe and there would also be a treatment room for physiotherapy, aromatherapy, chiropody and other health services.
- Participants spend three years at Waterloo studying kinesiology, and two years at Michener studying either chiropody or respiratory therapy.
- Patients with peripheral vascular disease benefit from regular chiropody, and those with diabetes should attend a foot clinic.
- She arranged work experience at North Tees Hospital's cardio respiratory unit, and in x-ray, chiropody and audiology.
- In the last financial year, the dentistry, chiropody and laser hair removal businesses reported losses of £16.3 million.
- It is treated with physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropody and surgery or a combination of treatments.
- One attractive feature is that it offers a 50 per cent refund of everyday expenses such as GP fees, physiotherapy, child counselling, chiropody and emergency dental treatment.
- There will also be a variety of health services available, including physiotherapy, chiropody, healthy eating, sexual health advice and counselling sessions.
- A good initiative, but I wish the Prime Minister could have been with me when I went to my clinic for chiropody yesterday.
- A wide range of medical services such as physiotherapy, chiropody, acupuncture and reflexology is provided for the residents and visitors to the Centre.
- He has unveiled a three-year recovery plan that includes slashing prices and closing its laser eye treatment, dentist and chiropody clinics.
- What infuriates me is the undervaluing of the sort of help which keeps older women reasonably fit - physiotherapy, chiropody, check-ups and so on.
- At present, only two therapies - osteopathy and chiropody - have a regulatory umbrella body, established by the government.
- Community based diabetes nursing, dietetics, and chiropody posts were unfilled.
- They may offer leisure activities such as arts and crafts, or services such as chiropody and hairdressing.
- The project involves the provision of evidence-based medical, nursing, dietetic and chiropody care to diabetic patients at GP practice level.
- Other facilities will include an expanded community dental service, new surgeries for chiropody, additional classes for new parents, more consulting rooms and an office for local social workers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.