In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, when chlorine combines with other materials in water, it forms chloroform and related chemicals called trihalomethanes.
- Furthermore, the difference in molecular structures may lead to the difference in the solvent cavities formed by chloroform molecules.
- In particular, chloroform would not hinder condensation reactions as water does.
- These crystals are confirmed by their solubility in chloroform and ether.
- While he is dozy from drink, the ‘Little Nurse’ passes a cloth, on which she has dropped some liquid chloroform, in front of his face.
- The last step in the process is to wash the methamphetamine in chloroform, tolulene or ether.
- In a first step, the two lipids were dissolved in chloroform and the solvent evaporated under vacuum overnight.
- These chemicals were mostly chlorinated solvents such as chloroform.
- I could give open mask chloroform or ether, but I might be arrested for doing it now.
- Cholesterol is soluble in chloroform, ether, benzene, or hot alcohol and other organic solvents.
- The methanol extract was evaporated and partitioned with n-hexane, benzene, trichloromethane, ethyl acetate and n-butanol, consecutively.
- The researchers used methanol, chloroform, hexane, or water to extract residues from pot sherds.
- Some of the volatile substances in these products include toluene, chloroform, butane, propane, acetone, and many halogenated hydrocarbons.
- The residue was chromatographed on a column of silica gel prepared with chloroform.
- In early days, the dose of chloroform or of ether had to be sufficient to achieve all the required effects, but in modern practice the anaesthetic drug is used only to produce the loss of consciousness and amnesia.
- The hypophase was removed with a Pasteur pipette and the aqueous phase re-extracted with chloroform until it was colourless.
- The literature cites the use of ether, chloroform, acetone and mineral oil as possible options.
- Finally, the drugs are recovered by using industrial solvents, such as acetone, ether, or chloroform.
- This is a modified mixture of Carnoy's fluid containing absolute alcohol, chloroform, and glacial acetic acid.
- It does not dissolve in water, although it does dissolve in many organic liquids, such as benzene, chloroform, and carbon disulfide.
1cloroformizarcloroformar América Latina
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.