In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So tuck a few chillies in with those roses and that box of chocs.
- The Valentine's deal includes champagne, strawberries, chocs, midnight feasts and a limo transfer.
- Get one today and eat the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chocs in one go.
- Now Bendicks has produced a box of lemon, apricot and rose-flavoured chocs.
- But I was just walking back from college, having eaten most of a pack of Waitrose caramel hearts (which I highly recommend - naff packaging, lovely chocs!) and I'd had a bit of a laugh with my college friends.
- I passed on chocs from Belgium and jellybeans from the USA and assembled a more local gourmet snack of cheese from Wensleydale and homemade fudge laced with Masham's Black Sheep Ale.
- A hazel choc bar could be on the way via an impenetrable Volvo or a pickup.
- Flavours include honeycomb and caramel choc mint, and the company has now expanded into sorbets, spring water ice cubes and an organic range.
- Love it that it comes with three different fondue dips - white choc, dark choc and milk choc.
- These flavours are enough to make your teeth sing: liquorice, toffee, choc mint and lime and chilli, to name a few.
- Write a Christmas wish list to give him, but soften the blow by buying him a box of chocs, eating your favourite and rolling the note into a ball to fill the gap.
- My Birthday, on Monday, was brilliant - the kids got me cashews and Belgian chocs and were so excited and pleased with themselves that I felt all loved and snuggly.
- For those who cannot remember, a few weeks ago this gentleman wrote in, ‘Just to let you know the Belgium chocs and champagne will be with you shortly as promised.’
- Every Christmas we all binge a bit, or perhaps a lot, on our favourite sugar snack: sweets and cakes for the kids, chocs for mum and beer for dad (come on, be honest).
- He was wearing a sweater that was the exact colour of melted mint choc chip ice cream, except without the choc chips.
- You're bound to know if she's watching her weight (even though - of course - you'd NEVER tell her she needs to), and if she is, she won't want huge, lavish boxes of chocs that she can't resist.
- I've a mind to have two prize bags: one filled with delish sweets and chocs and the other into which I've emptied a couple of cans of cat food for them to dip their mucky little paws into.
- Be it a choc chip cookie or a choc mint ice cream, as long as it looked like it had bits of chocolate shavings in it, she's bound to love it… or eat it.
- Who says Valentine's Day is just about cards and chocs?
- Roses wither, chocs get eaten, but many a Valentine card gets hoarded away as a precious memento of love.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.