In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets, chokers, earrings, and some articles I couldn't have begun to guess at dazzled my vision.
- She dried and styled her hair in waves, then put on her spike choker and heart earrings to finish the outfit.
- Finally Taylor drew an anklet and bracelet that matched the choker half of the necklace.
- She makes each piece of her jewellery - chokers, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watchbands - out of literally hundreds of the little suckers.
- Over the years Michele's designs continued to evolve from napkin holders and bracelets to earrings, necklaces, chokers and hair accessories at a rapid pace.
- Diamonds, chokers, necklaces, bracelets, and a silver diadem were added to the pendant that Skye had put on in Derick's attic.
- Look out too for sequins on handbags, shoes, and even accessories like chokers and bracelets.
- My metal good luck charms, chains, necklaces, choker and earrings all clashed against the brick of the hearth.
- The earrings, chains, chokers and necklaces stood out for their designs - elegant but subdued, stylish yet not loud.
- Elise's jewellery is distinguished by large stones such as rose crystal, turquoise and coral, strung together to make chunky chokers and necklaces - often with quirky bits and bobs attached.
- I move back over to my dresser and find my spiked jewelry and put on as much as I can fit: bracelets, anklets, chokers, and a belt.
- She has on large gold hoop earrings, a gold choker with a red gem embedded in the middle and several gold bangles.
- Finger-rings and ear-studs, stone necklaces and ornamental chokers, brightly hued bracelets and innovatively shaped pendants are there in rich profusion.
- Then she armed herself with wristbands, bracelets, and chokers.
- I fiddle with the drawing from last night's barely-remembered dream and pick up some of my spiked jewelry, two leather bracelets and a choker, from my bedside table and slide them on.
- Bangles and bracelets, earrings and ear-tops, necklaces and chokers, from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan make for a visual treat.
- The collection, featuring pieces for both men and women ranging from chokers, bracelets and ear-rings to cufflinks, will provide an exciting fusion of glamour and technology.
- I have no badges, no anklets, bracelets, or chokers, no chains, no rings.
- Aubrey put the choker on, a bracelet around each wrist and the remaining bracelet around her right ankle.
- She wore gauntlets, earrings, and some chokers at her neck.
2(collar)cuello alto masculino
- Sorrow and I looked around at the chokers and collars.
- He was eight years old when he and other boys, dressed in their Sunday special outfits of swallow-tail coats with a white choker collar, formed a guard of honour for Mr Thompson before a wonderful tea was served.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.