In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A simple piece with meaningful choreography that your dancers can perform well is better than a flashy number that's beyond their abilities.
- Performances by Susan Daniel, Elaine Dunbar and Dawn Sadoway were flawless and the height of craft - as was the music and choreography.
- Stroman's endlessly inventive choreography blends many forms of dance - from ballroom to jazz to ballet - into an idiom that's both witty and muscular.
- Performing her own modern choreography at The Juilliard School rekindled her drive.
- Rather than learning set choreographies, students are encouraged to develop an understanding of the music and traditional movements, and to use this as a foundation for their own personal expression and creativity.
- His choreography surrendered to gravity and dealt in angles and broken lines as well as broken phrases.
- The Royal Ballet has won audiences for 70 years now with its own choreographies.
- The choreography, music, lighting and most of all the dancing all combined to convey this pain.
- Farrell's sense of discovery in every step and her sheer generosity of spirit within the very different choreographies of these three masters make her living example invaluable.
- The dancing and choreography of Camille Stubel and the cast creates an additional dimension of humour and fluidity in the play.
- Rounding off the night are two short but powerful choreographies, Kaamos and Arbos, making their Canadian debut in this show, which runs until June 2 at Place des Arts.
- Part of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens' program is the series Les Grands Européens, which features choreographies by Duato, transplanted American William Forsythe and Czech artist Jiri Kylian.
- For next year's Hamburg Ballet Days, Jiri will contribute several choreographies of his own.
- Her choreography, not designed to be easy, is handled very well by the company and makes a thrilling evening in the theatre.
- Lerman's professional company carried the three choreographies requiring strong technique and they interpreted their material well.
- Live music, powerful choreography and a simple performance style allow a modern audience to experience Shakespeare's great love story as an Elizabethan audience might have done.
- The second act was a continuous display of skilled dancing and complicated choreography, originally designed by Lev Ivanov of the Russian Ballet at the turn of the 19th century.
- The portion of the case dealing with rights to Graham's choreography might be heard as early as this fall.
- An essential element of Ballet Central's programmes are new choreographies from emerging and established choreographers as well as new scores from composer and Musical Director Philip Feeney.
- Seeing his choreographies is always a treat, but attending a talk at the Candian Centre for Architecture with American choreographer William Forsythe gave followers extra insight to Forsythe as choreographer and as a person.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.