- Stackpole is also home to the chough, a much rarer bird.
- The Dingle Peninsula has been highlighted as an international stronghold for an endangered Irish bird, the distinctive red-billed chough.
- Now the sheer cliffs are inhabited by choughs, golden eagles, feral goats and basking seals.
- Along with barnacle geese and choughs, whisky is one of the principal magnets drawing visitors to this hugely rewarding island.
- The sea stretches out before them and on a clear day, the shores of Ireland can be seen and brimming with wildlife it is not unusual to spot the rare chough, wild mountain goats or a seal in the sea nearby.