In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Chrome steel was employed in the production of armor plate and projectiles because of its hardness and resistance to shock.
- As Miller also points out, the story of Eads's decision to use chrome steel was confusing at the time and has grown even more confusing since.
- The LCU contains the pump, radiator, reservoir and cooling fan, all neatly enclosed in an attractive looking brushed aluminium and chrome steel enclosure.
- High quality fuel injectors are usually made of high alloy chrome steel that can withstand harsh conditions under the hood.
- Generally the hardening temperature chrome steel was 20° to 30° C. higher than for carbon-steel
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.