In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1amarillo cromo masculino
- Use the oil rag with a small amount of chrome yellow and raw sienna tube oil color to wipe over the white areas of the panel and soften into the background.
- The woodwork was finished with an extremely light wash, or stain, composed of an indeterminate iron oxide ocher and chrome yellow, bound in linseed oil.
- Most surprisingly, the floors were found to have been painted with chrome yellow, an extremely bright color.
- The pigments used - chrome yellow, red lead, red ocher, and yellow ocher - were ground in linseed oil using a marble muller and stone slab.
- The two paint boxes were found to contain Prussian blue, chrome yellow, vermilion (a red mercury sulfide pigment), and red earth.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.