In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Britanico(building)cine masculinoteatro masculino Chileto go to the cinema — ir a cine Colombia
- what's on at the cinema? — ¿qué dan en el cine?
- Industry commentators agree it is just a matter of time before digital technology replaces film in cinemas.
- The US is finally getting tough on people who use mobile phones in cinemas.
- After starting work as a projectionist at 15, Arthur worked at various cinemas in Hyde.
- The films were screened in cinemas across the city and at community meetings.
- I should make more of an effort to see films in cinemas.
- It will be released in UK cinemas later this year and looks certain to be a huge talking point.
- In England the film was mainly shown in art house cinemas to art house audiences.
- The Film Institute is home to two cinemas, a specialist film bookshop, an education department and a bar restaurant.
- Some small local cinemas were still staggering along, run by enthusiastic amateurs.
- The film is on at only two London cinemas and is unlikely to be released elsewhere.
- The film is being distributed in cinemas by Miramax and is already being touted as a possible Oscar contender.
- Sitting in a full and happy cinema certainly adds another dimension to a film.
- Few films of its era can boast of such continuing popularity in art house cinemas.
- It is hoped that the film will not only go to video but will be shown to movie-goers at local arts cinemas.
- His difficulties in getting his film made and into cinemas are by now well known.
- The council was accused of trying to stop cinemas showing films on Sunday by stealth.
- The films never made it to cinemas, so customers had to find them on the internet.
- Pirate copies of some of the latest films to hit cinemas are easily available at markets across the country.
- For some very strange reason we are now seeing in cinemas a British film that was made four years ago.
- The studio publicly disowned the film and briefly banned it from its own cinemas.
2(films)cine masculinoFrench cinema — el cine francés
- He offers his thoughts on his work and his approach to cinema and art in general.
- It is, in the main, well worth seeing for any fan of historical cinema.
- The film also boasts one of the most unexpected plot devices in the history of cinema, which truly has to be seen to be believed.
- Lyubov Orlova was probably the most glamorous and popular actress of Soviet cinema.
- Hungarian filmmaker Béla Tarr is one of the most celebrated auteurs in world cinema.
- I don't think Irish cinema has produced anything better than The Butcher Boy.
- This is much more than a simple critical or social analysis of the history of cinema.
- It promises a wide variety of cinema to suit both devoted French film fans and newcomers alike.
- I worked with every single legend in the history of Indian cinema that was alive at that time.
- His legacy in the canon of Canadian cinema is of a director who was far ahead of his time.
- It takes a very special film to get British audiences excited about British cinema.
- Who actually watches these dreadful films and thinks that they're masterpieces of modern cinema?
- Casablanca is known as a piece of classic cinema.
- It is the first film to bring Chinese cinema to Western audiences on a large scale.
- For fans of Japanese cinema, in particular, this film has been big news for some time now.
- Those who denigrate cinema, dismissing it for its mass appeal, refuse to see film as an art form.
- What we have in common is that we both love the same period of American cinema.
- His new film is American independent cinema at its best.
- Her growing interest in issues of world cinema finds an expression in this essay.
- The music is so overpowering at times that the film seems more like a pop video than a piece of cinema.
3(film industry)the cinema — el cine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.