In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1circadianothe circadian rhythm — el ritmo circadiano
- While discussing the mechanisms underlying circadian rhythms, it would be well worth mentioning their genetic basis.
- Terry learned to eat in tune with his natural circadian rhythms.
- In continuous light, circadian growth rhythms were detectable for up to 2 weeks.
- Jet lag happens when the body's circadian rhythms are disrupted by changes in light.
- Otherwise known as our circadian rhythm, our 24-hour body clock resets itself at sunrise and sunset each day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.